15 years of collies

Today is a very special day for me. It is exactly 15 years ago that the first collie came in my life. I know very well how it went. Our first dog had died a couple of months before, and we wanted a new dog. We all voted for a dog, I know I wanted an Afghan hound or a Lassie. My parents where more for a shetland sheepdog. So we went on the waitinglist for a Sheltie. In the meantime we where going through dogshelters, but with no results. There was a great dane I fell in love with, but it was not our breed. Again looking up in books wich breed to choose. I remember we got everything from our library about dogs, puppies, training etc. Also videotapes and all. In one of those books we found the collie, a blue merle one, wow, a beauty. Now we knew for sure, a rough collie in blue merle would be the goal, this was going to be our breed. Now we went on the waitinglist for a collie. We tought it would take ages to get a blue merle collie, but on one fine day 15 years ago we got a phone call. I was still in hairdressingschool and the phonecall come in the car on the way home from school. This lady told us there was a blue merle bitch available, our first collie girl. The people who wanted to buy her where not suitable for her, so we now could look if we liked her. We did, she was so beautifull, and sweet. Today is marked as her birthday, unfortunatly she died a very young age, but she was my start in the great collie breed.

Until next time
XO

Reacties

Populaire berichten van deze blog

The collie standard by Mia Ejerstad

Snuffelbox!!!!

Lucky unpacking the Snuffelbox