Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Just like Lassie

Somethimes, or actually all the time, I get pretty anoyed when someone says to one of my dogs hey lassie. Or when people ask you what breed I have, they absolutely don't know what a rough collie is, and I'm ending up saying, a lassie dog, and they are like, ohhhh, but I know Lassie.
But I'm affraid that my collies, are in some sort of way, just like Lassie.

When I look at Scarlett she does all those small things that remind me just like the movie/storiebook hero.
When it was time for Joe to come out of school, Lassie would hurry and go run and sit at his usual spot outside school to wait for Joe.
And yes Scarlett does have some of those habits. Acording to my mom, she waits for me to come from work, she will sit in front of the window and go back and forth to the back door almost 5 minutes before I come home. And she does that every single day I go to work.
And there is another habit she has, when I got Scarlett I made it a little game to go and get dad when he had to come from his job. He works at different shifts, so when he has his late shift he will be finished working at 10pm. Scarlett will get up 5 minutes before and she makes me go get my shoes, and get a light and we have to go. She doesn't stop walking towards me, wag her tail and look at me like come on, we must go and get dad!!!
It is like she knows the working schedules exactly, and so in the daytime she makes me do the same thing! But in the daytime I turn this session into a learning session also.
We walk out of the town, and there is a small road where almost no cars drive, and we go do the sit and stay, or we do our showstacking or whatever trick I like to do, because we will have most of the time 5 till 10 minutes before my dad comes on his bike.
And then when my dad comes, she has the most un-lassie like thing, she doesn't recognize the bike of my dad, so she will not be happy and jump on him until he calles her.

So she looks just like Lassie

My Girl Scarlett doing the Sit and stay, and then come here command

Reacties

  1. She is such a beauty and what a good dog!! I get annoyed because Dakota is a Shetland Sheepdog and everyone says "Is that a miniature Collie?" There is NO SUCH thing as a miniature collie! lol DakotasDen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Oh, yes I can imagine that, and I get asked very frequent, if she is old, because of her coat colour lol

      Verwijderen
  2. Reacties
    1. How funny that is, I love that name!!! I bet she is just as sweet as our Scarlett!!

      Verwijderen

Een reactie plaatsen

Populaire berichten van deze blog

The collie standard by Mia Ejerstad

Another great book, and I happen to be the lucky girl who has both of her books. It is the same, but the small one is the first one she published and the larger one is the new revisited one.

Why is this book a great one??? Well this one will explain with picutres to go with it, how the ideal collie should look. All parts of the collie come along while you read this book. Headtypes, what is a perfect shape of a head, what is acceptable, and various faults, in bigger and lesser degree. But also how angulation needs to be in front and back, and what is an acceptable tail! I think that it is very nice that all ellements come in to vision with many drawings,  because while explaining a form in letters, it is far more easy to see for youselve on a picture.

Many beautifull drawing from the hand of Mia are in this book, she really knows how to capture the beauty of the collie and make the standard of our breed into vision.
I do go over this book so many times, and it gives me a clear view of …

Snuffelbox!!!!

Snuffelbox, sounds great doensn't it?? I've been ordering the Woefbox for a while, and after 4 boxes I had a lot of treats for my dogs, that's cool ofcoarse but I don't want my dogs to be fat, so I decided to just quit the Woefbox.

Now I was almost finished with all the treats from the box, I found on the internet a similar kinda box, called Snuffelbox!!!! I got curious of it, so I decided to check it out.

Fun thing is, the Snuffelbox gives some percentage of the income to great sources like shelters and stuff, so while ordering a box, everytime I will give to charity aswell!
On the other hand it is a bit more expensive then the Woefbox, so that is a consideration.
With ordering I could say if I wanted to order for a small, medium, large or giant breed, so that is very handy also, and I could order it for one month, every month, or every tide of the year.

Now letts go and see what is in the box!!!


1 jar of premade icepopcicles for the doggies!!!
all for paws dental che…

Happy new Year

Happy new year to you all!!!!
It seems I'm not really consistant with writing my blog....... And I'm not gonna make new resolutions this year about bloging more or what so ever.
Instead I have a sweet little videoclip of Anna playing with her terribly anoying squeeky toy!!!!