Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Love your Pet day

Today februari 20th is love your pet day!!!!!!
I'm a big believer that you should Always love your pet, and not only on special occasions.
But what can you do on a day like this.

Take your dog to a great new funplace to walk, and not stick to the same old route you're used to. It will be big fun for your dog to smell and explore the new places, remember dogs love that, it is kinda like their social media.
And for yourselve it is nice to, just to enjoy a new part of nature.

But when the wheater is terrible and you can't really go outside, a DIY game should be big fun,
I posted a nice tissuebox DIY game yesterday, but you can also hide treats in the house and go search with your furfriend.

Maybe you even have the time to teach your dog a new trick like fetch or high five. Or maybe you can spend more time on his grooming, (altough I don't think many dogs will appreciete washing)

Bake some cookies!!! Or buy a new toy, most fun thing is, to take your dog to the petstore and lett him or her look for his own favorite toy.

There are so many things you can do for this day, and otherwise just cuddle them, they will all love it.



Reacties

Populaire berichten van deze blog

The collie standard by Mia Ejerstad

Another great book, and I happen to be the lucky girl who has both of her books. It is the same, but the small one is the first one she published and the larger one is the new revisited one.

Why is this book a great one??? Well this one will explain with picutres to go with it, how the ideal collie should look. All parts of the collie come along while you read this book. Headtypes, what is a perfect shape of a head, what is acceptable, and various faults, in bigger and lesser degree. But also how angulation needs to be in front and back, and what is an acceptable tail! I think that it is very nice that all ellements come in to vision with many drawings,  because while explaining a form in letters, it is far more easy to see for youselve on a picture.

Many beautifull drawing from the hand of Mia are in this book, she really knows how to capture the beauty of the collie and make the standard of our breed into vision.
I do go over this book so many times, and it gives me a clear view of …

World animal day

Today is world animal day!! I Always tought that this was a day that was made up to get some more sales for animals treats.
But I came across a newsfeed, and it said it was the dying- or name day (that was not really clear)  of the holy Saint Fransicus van Assisi. As it goes in the story, he died on the evening of october 3th, but in the time he was living the date didn't change at 00:00 o'clock, but the day changed at the moment it became dark outside, that made his dying day october 4th. Well that was someting I didn't know.

Saint Franciscus was being well know for many things, but i'm not really a religious person so I can't tell much of that. I only know that he was  very fond of animals and he made sure they were ok.
There are also legends that he could talk to birds.

No wonder he was made the Holy Saint of the animals.

Now so many many years later, a lot op people celebrate world animal day, but I don't know how many people know of Saint Fransiscus.

At fi…

Lucky unpacking the Snuffelbox

First of all, again a long delay in blogging, but I hope to get back on track again

This summer we got a great Snuffelbox again!! And there was a little competition going on. I had to film the unpacking of the box. And not me unpacking, but one of the dogs. I choose Lucky, because when I ordered this box I had to fill in a name of the dog, so I just randomly picked his name.

So Lucky needed to unpack this box, and I had to film it.




There where again some great nice goodies in this box
There was a lollypop, made from beef
a bag of chickenstrips
a supercool toy of a tropical bird, (with sound)
a chewy starfish, for dentalcare
coconut shavings
pet icecream powder (that was hard to make)
very nice box of Renske wet food
and a second toy!!! a sqeeky car

We already look forward to the next box!!!