Westminster dogshow

Yay it was Westminster dogshow again, or was, it is. But my favorite breed the collie was on livestream earlier today.
I put the New York time in my Phone just to make sure I wouldn't mis a thing, so I totally managed all my other businesses around the time of the judging.

Tomorrow when I come out of bed I will check immediatly for the groupjudging!!
And I will cross my fingers for the rough collie the most ofcoarse, I like smooth, but I love rough!

While I was seeing those lovely collies it crossed my mind that my favorite author wrote about Westminster dogshow ones, in the book Lad a Dog, you can read a story of Lad being there, and if I'm right the mistress really disliked the idea that Lad had to stay on the show, even for the night.

In reality Lad never went to Westminster dogshow. Only 2 of Albert Payson Terhunes dogs went there, and only one time. That where Sunnybank Explorer and Sunnybank Sigurdsun in the year of 1923.

Sigurdson and Explorer


There is only 1 collie who ever managed to win Westminster. That was in the year 1929  Laund Loyalty of Bellhaven and at that time he was just a puppy, a little pup of 9 months winning one of the most prestigious prizes in dogdom!!!!
After that a collie ever won this show.
But who knows what will happen tommorow night!!

Laund Loyalty of Bellhaven

Reacties

Populaire berichten van deze blog

The collie standard by Mia Ejerstad

Snuffelbox!!!!

Lucky unpacking the Snuffelbox