Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Passed my exam

The reason for my long absence on this blog, well it is pretty simple. This past year I did a study about Canine Knowledge, in the Netherlands it is called Kynologische Kennis 1 or KK1, 1 standing for part 1 because there is a part 2.

In the begining  I tought it wasn't that hard to do, but then as the subjects changed it got harder and harder.

The subjects in this study where the basics of cels, what is in a cel, what is a cel doing, stuff like that, and that went into genetics. (like Mendel) from the genetics it went onto breeding. So we needed to study the male and female parts what they where doing, and what kinds of hormones are active during all the stages of the season of the bitch and the whelping etc.

I was very happy it then went into breeds!!! We needed to learn about 300 registed FCI breeds from a picture, know what their FCI group was and what their Original purpose was. I loved this!!!! I go to so many shows so I only needed to focus on really unknown dogs to me, like the Bayerische Gebirg Sweishund. (yes I know that is a hard one)

And from that subject on it went into canine terms, most of those terms you find on written reports on dogshows, and I must say I'm happy we get those in the Netherlands, because of that I had it a little bit easier only focusing again on the terms that where more unknown to me.

So far so good!!!! about this time I tought I had it in my brains. But then we got nutrition, basics on health, general care for dogs, behaviour ( I don't like that) and rules and regulations concerning our Dutch Law and the Dutch Kennelclub.

It really was hard, and I even took days of to go learning.
The day of the exam was nerve wrecking, in the beginning we started out with 20 students but in the end there where only 4 of us taking the actual exam.

We started with breeds. 50 pictures on a big screen, and after 4 pictures I was confident enough I found it very easy and was so relieved. But then after a short break came the rest of the exam, all questions I had to anwer only right, or wrong. It was terrible, really. With the trial exam I was one of the first to finish, and now I was one of the last persons leaving the room.
I think I had some sort of a black out, all the questions seemed not to be related with my study at all.

And then we needed to wait, almost 6 weeks passed before we got an email.
I read it a few times before I realized I passed my exam!!!!!!! I was so extreme happy, but then again we had to wait for our diploma and our grades to arive in the mail.

Because it was so difficult I figured that my grades where ok, but not super. So I was really amazed when I got my grades.

 
 
Breedknowledge 9
Genetics 9
Nutrician 9
Breeding 10
behaviour 6 ( I knew that that was my least interesting part)
Terms 6
Health 9
General care/ regulations 7

I can be proud and hopefully I will go on with Canine knowledge part 2

Reacties

  1. What do you do with these classes? Is it for a job?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. No it is to get basic knowledge on dogs. Our kennelclub Always wanted that breeders should do this studie before starting with breeding. But that doesn't seem to work. But it is also a start for becoming an FCI conformation Judge

      Verwijderen

Een reactie plaatsen

Populaire berichten van deze blog

The collie standard by Mia Ejerstad

Another great book, and I happen to be the lucky girl who has both of her books. It is the same, but the small one is the first one she published and the larger one is the new revisited one.

Why is this book a great one??? Well this one will explain with picutres to go with it, how the ideal collie should look. All parts of the collie come along while you read this book. Headtypes, what is a perfect shape of a head, what is acceptable, and various faults, in bigger and lesser degree. But also how angulation needs to be in front and back, and what is an acceptable tail! I think that it is very nice that all ellements come in to vision with many drawings,  because while explaining a form in letters, it is far more easy to see for youselve on a picture.

Many beautifull drawing from the hand of Mia are in this book, she really knows how to capture the beauty of the collie and make the standard of our breed into vision.
I do go over this book so many times, and it gives me a clear view of …

World animal day

Today is world animal day!! I Always tought that this was a day that was made up to get some more sales for animals treats.
But I came across a newsfeed, and it said it was the dying- or name day (that was not really clear)  of the holy Saint Fransicus van Assisi. As it goes in the story, he died on the evening of october 3th, but in the time he was living the date didn't change at 00:00 o'clock, but the day changed at the moment it became dark outside, that made his dying day october 4th. Well that was someting I didn't know.

Saint Franciscus was being well know for many things, but i'm not really a religious person so I can't tell much of that. I only know that he was  very fond of animals and he made sure they were ok.
There are also legends that he could talk to birds.

No wonder he was made the Holy Saint of the animals.

Now so many many years later, a lot op people celebrate world animal day, but I don't know how many people know of Saint Fransiscus.

At fi…

Lucky unpacking the Snuffelbox

First of all, again a long delay in blogging, but I hope to get back on track again

This summer we got a great Snuffelbox again!! And there was a little competition going on. I had to film the unpacking of the box. And not me unpacking, but one of the dogs. I choose Lucky, because when I ordered this box I had to fill in a name of the dog, so I just randomly picked his name.

So Lucky needed to unpack this box, and I had to film it.




There where again some great nice goodies in this box
There was a lollypop, made from beef
a bag of chickenstrips
a supercool toy of a tropical bird, (with sound)
a chewy starfish, for dentalcare
coconut shavings
pet icecream powder (that was hard to make)
very nice box of Renske wet food
and a second toy!!! a sqeeky car

We already look forward to the next box!!!